Your future, so sodexo
Food Service Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 50635
Sodexo currently has a job available for a Food Service Manager 3 to join our healthcare Food Service team at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California. This position will report directly to the General Manager
Job Responsibilities include:
- Supports and provides oversight to retail food service operations as well as the catering operations for the third shift.
- Experience with food production, culinary skills and creating that cusine presentation.
- Provides direct oversight and leadership to 20 employees.
- Responsible for the execution of cash handling policy and procedures.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and quarterly financial reporting for the retail area.
- Oversees catering during the shift, potentially in conjunction with additional management staff.
- Accountable for providing a high level of customer service for all catering clients and achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the Human Resource Management of staff including recruiting, hiring, scheduling, training, performance evaluations and all other additional human resource responsibilities.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Works to implement Sodexo programs, policies and procedures.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages a team.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Takes on additional duties as assigned.
- Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- The ability to work the third shift is necessary for this role. Hours of this position are 6:00PM-2:30AM.
- Work history demonstrating retail food service and catering experience preferably in healthcare.
- Previous supervisory or management level experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Passion for a high level of customer service.
- Experience with Sodexo programs Food Management Systems, Sodexo Menu Graphics, and Mindful program would be beneficial.
- Proficient computer skills and report management experience.
- Strong attention to company policy, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in compliance to food safety (HACCP), sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze processes, problem solve and ensure efficiency and effectiveness in food service production.
- Experience in developing strong customer relationships and a passion for a high level of customer services.
- The ability to speak Spanish would be helpful in managing this workforce.
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.