Your future, so sodexo
Food Operations Manager 3 Located in Morgantown, WV
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 76782
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Resident Dining Operations Manager 3 for our premiere account at West Virginia University located in beautiful Morgantown, WV.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
Is this opportunity right for you?
West Virginia University (WVU) is seeking an forward thinking operations manager for Resident Dining on campus.
This position will oversee daily operations of four resident dining halls: https://diningservices.wvu.edu/about/locations/dining-halls
We are seeking an energetic, passionate manager who can help build our growth on this large campus. Reporting directly to GM of Resident dining, this is a great growth opportunity to manage operations in a large, high profile account. This position will manage 4 managers, 8+ supervisors, and up to 50 frontline employees. Successful candidate will assume the GM's responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
The Food Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Talent management, training, development skills and front-line leadership.
- Marketing of the Food Service Program-promotions, signage, etc.
- Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations
- Support the Campus Student Well-Being initiatives and serves as key Member of the Management Team
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Check out WVU: https://www.wvu.edu
WVU Morgantown is located in a town named “No. 1 Small City in America” by BizJournals.com for its exceptional quality of life. Morgantown, population 30,855, was also rated the ninth best college town in America by Business Insider and is within easy traveling distance of Washington, D.C., to the east, Pittsburgh, Pa., to the north, and Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, to the northwest. Other rankings: Kiplinger.com included Morgantown in their 10 great places to live list; one of “Best Sports Cities” by Sporting News; 5th “Best Small Metro” by Forbes; 12th overall “Hottest Small City” by Inc.; one of “50 Smartest Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s; and the second-ranking “Best College Town for Jobs” by Forbes.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.