Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 76920
Sodexo University is seeking a talented Executive Chef 2 at West Virginia University to come be apart of our growing Culinary team. This is an exciting position that will be a key player in elevating WVU to a premier dining program. This position will manage a team of sous chefs as well as frontline employees on campus and will be called upon to deliver high quality culinary & catering results. We are looking for a chef that has experience and can run a professional, high end kitchen. The ideal candidate will be ready to lead and develop talent through motivation, education, skill, and passion. Our goal is to provide an exceptional dining experience for our clients, guests, and team. If this sounds like a position you are interested in, apply today!
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Check out WVU: https://www.wvu.edu
WVU Morgantown is located in a town named “No. 1 Small City in America” by BizJournals.com for its exceptional quality of life. Morgantown, population 30,855, was also rated the ninth best college town in America by Business Insider and is within easy traveling distance of Washington, D.C., to the east, Pittsburgh, Pa., to the north, and Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, to the northwest. Other rankings: Kiplinger.com included Morgantown in their 10 great places to live list; one of “Best Sports Cities” by Sporting News; 5th “Best Small Metro” by Forbes; 12th overall “Hottest Small City” by Inc.; one of “50 Smartest Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s; and the second-ranking “Best College Town for Jobs” by Forbes.
***Relocation Assistance is Available***
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.