Your future, so sodexo
Director 3 - Facilities Operations
Job category: Facilities
Job ID: 75917
Sodexo is currently looking for a facilities manager in the Martinsburg, WV area. This role will be responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations this job will be responsible for managing a team of 100+FTE’s and (430) acres and 5-6 million sq. ft. Areas of focus will include:
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
- Plans budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Inspects construction and installation progress.
- Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of office, facility and production equipment.
- Manages the receiving function.
- Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, Fire, Electrical and office equipment.
- Manages the telecommunication function.
- Oversees the parking program.
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Develops and administers the annual budget.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Project Estimating/Scheduling
This position supervises various contracting crews, including parking attendants, janitors and building maintenance personnel.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office, production and construction environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Some travel is expected for this position
- Responsible for the delivery in accordance with the maintenance strategy in-house, contracted office services and soft facilities management services to the standards directed
- Responsible for assessment, procurement and management of small projects specific to the Operations Department as agreed with the Project Team
- Responsible for providing a key interface between customers and the contracted service providers on a day to day basis
- Responsible for development of a service charter and service level agreement to monitor key elements of the FM service
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of service level agreements and key performance indicators internal and external, also tracking of risks/rewards mechanisms
- Responsible for monitoring of supply partners/contractors service delivery and customer interface on a day to day basis
- Responsible for financial tracking and reporting to ensure all services are delivered within agreed budgets and service levels
- Responsible for providing a continuous improvement review and development of initiatives to improve or rationalize hard services to achieve optimum performance and full customer engagement
- Responsible for ownership and management of statutory compliance to achieve and maintain legal status
Careers in Corporate:
Working for Sodexo at Corporate locations gives you the opportunity to help people perform better by improving their daily life in the workplace – what we call Quality of Life. Quality of Life means an environment of respect for people, for wellness and for greater productivity. Quality of Life means a workplace that creates greater efficiency, satisfaction and productivity. It means a business that understands that the wellness of people has a direct connection to the wellness of the organization’s bottom line.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Basic Education Requirement- Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience- 5 years
Basic Functional Experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.