Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 72637
Sodexo Senior Living Food Team is seeking a Sous Chef to support the Executive Chef at Tacoma Lutheran Retirement community in Tacoma, WA.
* Sign on bonus is available for this position*
The Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting with the daily management, Culinary Training of 34-40 frontline staff and , development of Resident Engagement activities. The Culinary program at Tacoma Lutheran is growing, this is the perfect opportunity for someone who is innovative and loves to create memorable experiences through food.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.