Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 1
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 64165
Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for an Executive Chef 1 to join our Sr. Living team at Tacoma Lutheran Retirement Community in Tacoma, Washington. The Executive Chef 1 will report directly to the General Manager and works directly with the General Manager to ensure smooth dining service at this outstanding account. This is a Continuing Care Retirement Community with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing for a total of around 350 residents.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees food service production for residential dining, a retail bistro, as well as catering production for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Ensures effective and efficient process management.
- Responsible for menu development and design for the resident dining in all dining outlets.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides daily training and coaching to the culinary team, and directly manages around 20 employees between two kitchens and three dining rooms.
- Accountable for positively impacting resident satisfaction with associated with food service.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as residents.
- Participates in special events at the community such as exhibition cooking, and high end catering.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and labor cost at the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would love to hear from you:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with high end dining experience and a passion for culinary arts.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with residents.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects.
- Proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team! Apply Now!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.