Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Specialist
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 71549
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Unit Marketing Specialist for Gonzaga University - a premier, private, faith based university located in Spokane, WA. This position supports all multiple dining venues operated by Sodexo at Gonzaga – consisting of Resident Dining, Retail Dining and Catering/Conference Services, Athletic Concessions and Athletes Training Tables. The Unit Marketing Specialist will bring innovation and lead marketing efforts on campus- social media, website management, Better Tomorrow Plan initiatives, Sustainability and Customer Engagement programs.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the planning and implementation of all marketing rollouts and training of national marketing programs to support unit operations. The ideal candidate has 4+ years of food retail marketing experience - meal plan sales, merchandise designs, program development and execution, and visual merchandise upgrades that are current with market trends.
This is a full time position that requires feet on the street, hands on marketing and merchandising in the Student Dining and Food Retail venues on campus and the athletic center - actively engaging in communication with the students, educating on value of VMPs, updating them on Theme Nights and Limited Time Offers, etc.
What’s in it for you? Working for Sodexo as the Unit Marketing Specialist will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that supports hundreds of college campuses and thousands upon thousands of college students across the country, offers clear career paths and room for growth and advancement, professional resources and training.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Training: Can you successfully train hourly dining staff employees in the area of customer service?
- Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume of our VMPs (Voluntary Meal Plans) through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully execute Sodexo marketing programs and plans as well as the "chops" to create campus-specific "in-house" marketing programs?
- Student Engagement: Can you engage with and integrate into the student body in order to obtain honest and constructive feedback and suggestions?
- Partnerships: Can you partner with our family of vendors and the community in order to help create special event opportunities for Sodexo?
- Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo's social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Bring Innovation and Creativity to market our various Food Operations, increase sales and branding, generate strong following on social media, etc.
- Identify internal/external customer needs and expectations
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers with a special emphasis on building a partnership with our client.
- Maintain marketing information on intranet, company, and/or client websites, social media.
- Create monthly marketing calendars and host events to engage student and employee participation
- Coordinate all unit marketing initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
WHY Sodexo at Gonzaga?
Gonzaga is a high profile, innovative campus with new facilities mingled throughout a historic campus and pride of tradition.
The Better Tomorrow Plan is Sodexo's global promise for sustainability and outlines efforts to minimize environmental and social impact. The BTP provides a ten-year vision to focus Sodexo's efforts, including developing measurable sustainability targets and publicly reporting on our progress. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.