Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 66331
Currently, Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Retail Manager 3 to oversee our evening Retail Operations at our “Showcase” nationally recognized University account at Gonzaga, a beautiful modern campus located in Spokane, WA. Sodexo at Gonzaga has been in partnership with the university for over 50 years. This close connection is based on our alignment of mission, involvement in campus and pursuit of excellence in our programs and our teams. We are part of the educational mission of the university, strong leaders in sustainability and an important part in the development of wellness habits amongst the community.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this EVENING Retail Manager 3 will be responsible for the pm campus operations, overseeing 13 Retail food venues at the State of the Art Hemmingson Center. During evening hours, there are 6 retail concepts open and Spike Nights on Friday and Saturday several venues are open til 1:30 am or so. Additionally, this Evening Retail Manager will assist operations by reviewing the financials of the food operation, review and make recommendations on metrics, preparing cash reports, etc.
Are you the Manager we are looking for?
The successful individual must have
- a strong background in excellent operational performance, (use of systems and finance/cost control) identifying efficiencies in Retail - - analytical, strategicand experienced in financials, maintaining food and labor costs.
- 2 - 4 years experience in high volume Food Retail concepts is a must and a strong understanding of retail operations, marketing as well as driving business through sales.
- High touch and high visibility, being a part of the campus community are also critical strengths for this Retail Operations Manager.
- Strong work ethic – team player and a profound desire for ongoing growth in Food Service career with Sodexo - General Manager and beyond - to grow with Sodexo and the Pacific Northwest Campus region!
- Ability to work schedule of late night and weekends.
RELOCATION Assistance is provided for this position.
WHY choose Sodexo and Gonzaga?
We are looking for a positive team player to be part of our overall campus team and are seeking a Strategic business leader to develop a team and create an excellent guest experience which will further our reputation as a leader in the northwest. We are currently undergoing growth and this new position will allow an individual to create dynamic career progression!
Sodexo at Gonzaga has been in partnership with the university for over 55 years. This close connection is based on our alignment of mission, involvement in campus and pursuit of excellence in our programs and our teams. We are part of the educational mission of the university, strong leaders in sustainability and an important part in the development of wellness habits amongst the community.
Gonzaga University, a private, four-year Faith Based Institution of higher education. More than 105 buildings dot the 131-acre campus overlooking the Spokane River.
We are minutes from downtown Spokane. Sodexo has a longtime partnership with Gonzaga. A Great Campus community and home of the NCAA Champion Zag Bulldogs teams! Check us out at https://zagdining.sodexomyway.com/ #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.