Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 5 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 76105
Sodexo University Dining has an opening for a General Manager /Director – Food Operations in Spokane, Washington at Gonzaga University. The primary Dining operations is now housed in the new State of the Art Hemmingson University Center, a $60M dollar facility that opened in the fall of 2015. Sodexo's dining operations of $13.7M in managed volume offers Resident dining for 2500 students on meal plans; Retail Food formats including Starbucks, Einstein’s, Conv Market, 9 satellite retail operations , full service restaurant /pub and over $1.5M in Catering business annually.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Do you want to be part of a forward thinking, innovative campus community at a University that is nestled in beautiful Spokane, Washington? Gonzaga University is a private faith-based university located in Spokane, Washington and enjoys a long-standing partnership for almost 60 years contract with Sodexo.
The Food Service Director will become part of the campus community - we are looking for your excellent relationship skills to really engage the students and faculty. To be involved with what is taking place on Gonzaga’s campus is essential & key to be successful in this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have five consecutive years of food service experience in a high volume and multi-unit management environment with a strong P&L background
- Will have the skills to develop exceptional client relations
- Ensure the facility’s product offerings/solutions and lead/motivate the management team
- Inspire strategic direction; secure and deploy resources; cultivate relationships with clients and other teams within Sodexo; ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; sustain client satisfaction and retention; and maintain strong employee relations
- Have a strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience
- Have had previous success managing a University Campus account
- Have strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls
- Be well versed in culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Be technically competent in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and can develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Strong communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo's organizations.
To learn more about Gonzaga University – visit www.gonzaga.edu
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.