Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 3
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 73750
Sodexo is seeking an experienced and skilled Unit Controller 3 to support a district manager with 3 accounts in the central Virginia area. The candidate will work at the Liberty Unviersity site, located in Lynchburg, VA.
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
This position will have direct financial oversight for the account and work closely with the District Manager to analyze month-end reporting, provide variance explanations and corrective action plans as needed, annual budgeting and monthly re-forecasting and execute the accounts receivable process from contracting thru collections, enters weekly accounts payables, produce weekly financial reconciliation, and investigate and correct variances for this $32M district.
In addition, The Unit Controller 3 will also analyze operating and financial statement information, as well as analyze, develop, document, and implement departmental accounting policies, procedures, and systems, and make recommendations for improvement, and maintain accuracy of databases to produce accurate financial results, including contractual liabilities, train and mentor others on the financial acumen of this account. The position reports directly to the District Manager.
Relocation offered with this position
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Strong financial acumen with prior Unit Controller experience in a large dining environment;
- Knowledge of step commissions, board billing for block meal plans, subcontract billing, and deferred income logs;
- Experience supporting and training unit operators on various finance procedures including forecasting, budget process, and various reporting tools;
- Excellent organization skills (ability to prioritize and maintain core responsibilities/accountability) in order to meet all required timelines, attention to detail and the ability to work in a high pressure environment;
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain contract language;
- Reconciliation of multiple internal accounting systems (Client and Sodexo);
- Responsible for cash control, cash handling, and internal audits;
- Creating documents, spreadsheets, reports and presentations for clients & District Manager
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Must possess a high degree of initiatives (revenue growth and cost reduction ideas);
- Payroll systems (ADP and Kronos preferred);
- Builds strong relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure operational effectiveness with excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a diverse community;
- Responsibilities to ensure integrity, diligence and accuracy of financial results for Client and Sodexo.
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.