Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Coordinator
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 66394
Sodexo is seeking two Unit Marketing Coordinators for George Mason University in Fairfax, VA.
The successful candidates will work under the direction of the Unit Marketing Specialist and with unit managers on internal and external communications and strategic alignment with client organization's internal marketing goals.
Unit Market Coordinator #1 – Event Project Management
- Promotions management
- Plan, organize, and create the marketing calendars
- This includes both the internal marketing calendar, which will be completed prior to the start of each semester, and the strategic calendars, which will be created and approved 1 week prior to the start of the new month
- Meet with the management teams of the resident dining units on a weekly basis to ensure we are ready for events on both the marketing and operators end
- Organize cross promotional events and “pop-ups” to bring retail dining to resident dining
- Coordinate and collaborate with university departments to create new and exciting dining initiatives
- Elite Events
- Plan, budget, and organize strategic 4-6 elite events each semester to drive customer satisfaction
- VMP Sales Push – drive sales of voluntary meal plans
- New Semester: at the beginning of each new semester, implement parking lot parties and information kiosks to sell meal plans
- Mid Semester: create mid semester push campaign to sell VMPS
- Both event driven and media driven – must collaborate with multimedia coordinator
- Feedback Program
- Working with the student dining committee, plan feedback kiosks around campus throughout the semester
- Dining Ambassadors
- Manage the dining ambassador program
- Utilize their peer to peer connection through events to achieve a more effective program
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office products.
- Proven event management skills with a knack of organization.
- Proficient in digital media platforms; including Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, and Facebook.
- Graphic experience is a plus.
- Events management, sales, or interpersonal/group communications experience preferred.
Unit Marketing Coordinator #2 – Multimedia Talent
- Website Management
- Manage the Mason Dining website – appropriately code and update the website on a daily basis
- Preform weekly audits to ensure all information is up to date
- Social Media Curation and Analyzation
- Create a social media plan for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Must have individual social media plans for: customer surveys, current and upcoming events, voluntary meal plan sales, and engagement posts
- Create digital content and schedule posts in advance on all platforms
- Video Curation and Editing
- Work with the culinary talent on campus to create prep-to-plate videos
- Manage a multimedia intern who will help film and edit content for the Mason Dining YouTube channel
- Graphics Management
- Manage the graphics interns to ensure necessary graphic collateral is being created in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the event coordinator to maintain the graphics google doc for delegation and organization ease
- Experience in Adobe products, primarily Illustrator, Photoshop and Light Room.
- Coding knowledge and website experience; specifically using WordPress.
- Experience with Nikon Cameras.
- Proficiency in the curation of social media content including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snap Chat, and YouTube.
- Communications, public relations, or film background preferred.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.