Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 3
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 77452
Sodexo is seeking a detail oriented and process driven Unit Controller 3 for George Mason University located in Fairfax, VA.
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus!!!
This position will report directly to the Resident District Manager at the account and will oversee a team of 3. The Unit Controller will and be responsible for financial duties associated with combined total annual sales in excess of $33 million; ensure accurate financial results, perform ad hoc financial analysis for management; will assume responsibility of all accounting functions; will maintain cash control and all accounting operations for the units; maintains cash reports; assists with planning annual or project-specific budgets; and conducts training on internal controls. This position will also be responsible for complex financial analysis, vendor account management, invoicing, purchasing and reporting, and inventory management. This position will also collaborate with the Sodexo management team on special projects and presentations as needed.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP policies and procedures as well as familiarity with company accounting processes. Must have strong analytical skills and advanced proficiency in finance-related computer applications. Must be able to identify key factors affecting the financial performance of the division, as well as organization as a whole and use financial data to accurately diagnose business realities, identify key issues and developing strategies and plans.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience supporting and training district controllers and general managers on various finance procedures including flash projections, forecasting, budget process, and various Sodexo reporting tools;
- Moderate level experience in Site Monitoring, E-vision, Brio, Essbase/Hyperion;
- Mastery level experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & computer skills;
- Experience with budget model, forecast model & AOC tools a plus;
- Strong contract skills & new unit opening skills also a plus.
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.