Your future, so sodexo
Retail Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 71635
Sodexo Campus Services is seeking a food service Retail Manager 3 for The University of Texas at Tyler. The retail manager will oversee operations for Chick-fil-A, Subway, Einstein Bagels, Slice of Life, Wholly Habaneros, The Grid Cstore and two Starbucks We Proudly Brew coffee shops and other retail operations that may open in the future. UT Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System, and the campus of 8,500 students is located in the beautiful east Texas city of Tyler.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College/university high-volume retail food service management experience;
- Strong operational standards, exceptional customer service and ability to lead, engage, train and develop front-line staff, with a large percentage of student workers on the team;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Strong food safety knowledge and standards;
- Experience managing multiple food retail outlets and national brand concepts;
- Innovation and ability to grow revenue and manage cost;
- Passion to help take retail to the next level;
- Customer driven and strong track record in organizational development; and
- Superior client relations skills.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for food quality and customer service in a cash handling retail operation that includes branded concepts, in-house formats and signature designs to help ensure account retention;
- Fulfills contractual obligations to the client;
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and food and physical safety by maintaining highest level of delivery; and
- Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Directs daily operations of food quality, food safety and customer service in a cash handling retail food operation that includes branded concepts, in-house formats and signature designs to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines.
- Manages cash handling protocols and control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Reviews and tracks unit sales of product groups or items to control inventory and for menu and pricing management.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resources when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by communicating and providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Maintains current ServSafe certification and any locally required certifications.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.