Your future, so sodexo
Director 3 - Facilities Operations
Job category: Facilities
Job ID: 60998
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Director for Mount Sinai Hospital in Chicago. This is a 300+ bed, 1 MM sq ft Acute care teaching hospital that provides medical, surgical, behavioral health, therapeutic and diagnostic services to the greater Chicago area. Proving to be a national model for the delivery of urban health care, Mount Sinai Hospital ranks among the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide in 75 percent of national hospital quality measures. Part of Sinai Health System Chicago, it features an Emergency Department that is a Level 1 Trauma Center, providing care to nearly 60,000 patients, and a Labor and Delivery unit that has welcomed more than 3,000 newborns—the second highest number in the city. Located in Chicago’s West Side neighborhood, Mount Sinai Hospital is also a major teaching hospital, training over 700 health care professionals through undergraduate, graduate, residency and fellowship programs.
The Director of Facilities Operations has oversight of the Engineering, PLant Operations & Facilities Mgt department including construction/renovation operations, staffing, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Senior Leadership .
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission EOC, Life Safety preparedness, OSHA, Air/ Water preparation compliance and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
CHFM & Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Basic Education Requirement- Bachelor's degree
Basic Management Experience- 3 years
Basic Functional Experience- 4 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.