Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 1 - Multi-Service
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 78074
Sodexo Energy & Resource Onshore is seeking a qualified General Manager 1 Multi-Services to work with an Oil & Gas client in Houston, Texas with experience in managing facilities. The General Manager will be responsible for managing site services including janitorial, move/add/change, events, AV, mail services, shipping, receiving, reprographics, operational and financial performance.
Duties & responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Directs night time custodial operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures housekeeping and custodial service activities are performed according to standards and contractual requirements.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department.
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with the Account Manager to anticipate the needs and requirements as related to the facility management contract are being satisfied.
- Hold employees accountable when necessary according to progressive disciplinary guidelines.
- Assist with the extra work projects done on Saturdays and Sundays as needed
Bi Lingual is a plus
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.