Your future, so sodexo
Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 1
Job category: Environmental Services / Custodial
Job ID: 77467
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services Operations Manager 1 to join the management team at the University of Texas Medical Branch in League City, Texas. Open since 1891, the University of Texas Medical Branch Campus today includes a major academic health center, with schools of medicine, nursing, allied health sciences and graduate biomedical sciences as well as world class research facilities, including the Galveston National Laboratory. UTMB's patient care operations incudes the 300 bed Jennie Sealy Hospital, 100 bed TDCJ hospital, 50 bed Hospital at League City Campus and 150 bed Hospital at Clear Lake Campus and more than 80 campus and community-based clinics.
This is a 1st shift position which will be responsible for in -patient and clinic operations on 1st shift at our Clear Lake Campus. Bi-lingual candidates are preferred; the ability to communicate in Spanish will assist in managing this workforce.
The ideal candidate for this position will have leadership experience, including supervision of direct reports in an Environmental Services position in a health care/hospital setting. Experience with in-patient services and Press Ganey and HCAPS is a plus. Candidates with strong experience with Sodexo systems such as Sodexo Shine, TRAKKAR, Labor Management are strongly preferred.
At Sodexo Health Care, patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience. We deliver our promise through experienced on-site management and a motivated staff. In fact, Sodexo has more certified Environmental Services managers than any other organization in the United States.
Do you possess strong leadership skills? Do you enjoy managing people, processes and projects? Would you like to have the opportunity to improve the quality of daily life? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Is this opportunity right for you?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America.
Our Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction.
Are you the experienced Environmental Services/Housekeeping Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience; and
- is bi-lingual with proficiency to communicate in the predominant native language of his or her team (preferred).
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Works with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.