Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 1
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 62585
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for Lipscomb University located in Nashville, Tennessee. Lipscomb University is a Christian-based university located in the Green Hills area of Nashville. The universities religious foundation is based on the Church of Christ. The campus has 1600 residents and 5000 students overall. The Executive Chef will assist the Executive Chef 2 in oversight the food service operations for student dining hall ($2.5M annual sales volume) with primary focus on catering ($1.2M annual sales volume). Many events are high profile and will have direct contact with the President and First Lady of Lipscomb as well as senior leadership. The Executive Chef will assist Executive Chef 2 in managing a staff of up to 45 FT and PT employees. Typical shift will be 7:00am - 5:00 pm, may vary with some weekend coverage as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production for student dining and catering;
- design and implement menus and oversee full production system operation;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, ideally in campus / restaurant / business dining environment, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- strong catering experience;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- strong management skills;
- a culinary degree and / or American Culinary Federation Certification preferred.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here.
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.