Your future, so sodexo
General Manager / Chef Manager
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 77148
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager / Chef Manager for a large Health System in TN/VA.
This positions will also be responsible for several accounts witin the TN/VA hospital Health System and will spend time supporting these accounts. This position is a Sodexo Regional Opperations Support Role.
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, 255 beds located Bristol TN
- Holston Valley Medical Center, 280 beds located in Kingsport TN
- Wexford house- skilled nursing facility/long term care 176 beds in Kingsport TN
- Mountain View - 45 beds, located in Norton, VA
- Lonesome Pine - 25 beds, located in Big Stone Gap, VA
- Hawkins County - 20 beds, located in Rogersville, TN
Ideal Candidate Skills / Certification:
Servsafe Certified and knowledge of HACCP monitors
1-2 years food service management experience
Computer skills to work in Food & Labor Management Systems
Culinary background and management experience ideally in a Healthcare environment and/or contract management experience
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.