Your future, so sodexo
Senior Accounting Assistant
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 65455
Sodexo CTM in Brentwood TN, a growth oriented and technology service focused division of Sodexo, is seeking a well-qualified candidate for a Senior Accounting Assistant position. The ideal candidate will have Accounting background in Payable or Bookkeeping experience and great performance track record in accounting functions. Prior experience working effectively with vendors and field operators are preferable. The candidate must be flexible, able to change work priority as needed, well organized, attentive to detail and accuracy, self-motivated, resourceful, and efficient with time management.
The primary purpose of this position involves supporting the overall Accounting function by performing invoice processing from invoice receipt to payment in an accurate and timely manner, maintaining vendor contact and communications regarding invoicing and payments, providing communication and coordination with operation personnel on purchase order and/or contract arrangements and vendor invoicing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code, review and process invoices.
- Match the invoices with POs and post the receivers.
- Resolve invoice/PO discrepancies with the field operator and/or vendors.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve outstanding balances.
- Maintain vendor relationships and handle vendor inquires effectively.
- Perform weekly check runs to process and record all checks.
- Deliver checks to vendors including tracking checks with backup.
- Maintain check log and reconcile monthly for month-end close.
- Process check and credit card requests.
- Apply vendor refund correctly and deposit to the bank.
- Maintain copy of invoices and applicable backup for balance sheet accounts coded in A/P for monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain A/P files ensuring filing accuracy.
- Research checks outstanding with the bank and vendor to determine if need to stop-pay and reissue the check.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business (preferred); Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- Minimum of one year related recent experience with accounts payable preferably in a high volume role.
- Good MS Word, Excel and data entry skills.
- Experience with computerized accounting or processing systems (Prior Great Plains experience is a plus).
Working in Clinical Technology Management (CTM) for Sodexo, you will partner with our team as well as Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Our CTM position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills and grow your career. We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.