Your future, so sodexo
Food Operations Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 67967
We are seeking candidates that have a strong nutrition and dietary background for a current job opening with Sodexo for a Food Operations Manager of Patient Services. The selected candidate will join our healthcare Food Service team at the Medical University of South Carolina a 725-bed academic medical facility located in Charleston, SC. MUSC is a blue chip account and a 35 year client for Sodexo. A new Children's and Women's hospital is slated to be completed in 2019 that will house an additional 200 beds.
As the Food Operations Manager with Sodexo healthcare, you will provide oversite to the hospital's Diet Office personnel to ensure that all nutrition/food regulatory requirements are being achieved in operations. He or she will be the conduit between patient tray line and clinical components of compliance.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Implement performance improvement and quality assurance programs targeted to improve nutrition services and patient satisfaction.
- Interact with patients and be the primary liaison for the clinical (physicians, nursing, and pharmacy) and food service teams.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
- Regularly attend system Nutrition Steering meetings
- Host monthly diet education classes with Nutrition Assistants
- Be the onsite expert for the patient ordering system (Healthtouch)
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Excellent computer skills with experience programing HealthTouch or other nutrition software required.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance including Title 22, JACHO, and CMS.
- Previous management level experience and ability to engage and build strong relationships with client management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Passion for a high level of customer service.
- Strong attention to company policy, standards, and regulations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peak at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Keywords: Food; Nutrition; Patient
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.