Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 76811
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for potential new business located in Wernersville, Pennsylvania. This is a 160 resident facility for Adolescents, Adults and Seniors. This Chef Manager will be responsible for overseeing the kitchen operations and will support the General Manager in all operations. Will be hands on with cooking as needed. Typcial shift will be 8:00am - 5:00pm, may vary with some weekend coverage and some holidays. Will manage a staff of approximately 20 Sodexo hourly employees.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train staff in safety, compliance and service;
- provide exceptional customer service to our residents;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- ensure safety and sanitation;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage purchasing/inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have strong computer skills.
The ideal candidate has:
- strong culinary knowledge with prior experience working in restaurants or retail food operations;
- strong interpersonal skills to exceed resident and client satisfaction;
- the ability to train and develop staff;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies.
Careers in Senior Living:
Working for Sodexo in Senior Living allows you to influence the well-being of seniors in specialized facilities, or in their homes, with customized services, and attentive and compassionate care. Your work has a direct impact on the quality of care provided to residents as well as resident satisfaction at our client sites, helping to create a place that feels like home
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.