Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 78338
Sodexo is seeking a talented and experienced Catering Manager 2 to round out an outstanding management team to develop an innovative program at University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA.
The University of Pittsburgh is a large urban campus with an enrollment of 28,000 students. Sodexo provides resident dining, retail, catering, club and sports & leisure on campus with a total volume of $ 39 million annually.
This position has primary event execution responsibilities for all Campus Catering events and Conference Services operations. Events include VIP and presidential functions, receptions, banquets, buffet meals, casual and executive boxed lunches, beverage breaks, snack breaks, cookouts , and other special events and services.
The catering manager reports to the Catering Manager 3 and works closely with the Executive Chef, catering team, culinary team, marketing team, and supervisors to coordinate the day to day management of event operations.
The Catering Manager assists with pricing, menu costing, and billing as needed. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Maintains composure in difficult situations. Follows up with clients for feedback after events. Hires, schedules, trains and develops catering staff. Maintains employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering operation. Ensures all HACCP safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees. Establishes operating standards, implements and communicates quality improvements to employees. Meets deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have/be:
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- creative, has excellent event execution/planning skills, and is visionary in regards to buffet presentations;
- excellent interpersonal skills and excels in client/customer, guest, and employee relations;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to work independently and with others managers to manage the daily operations of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees;
- excellent time management skills, adapts well to dynamic change, and is driven to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- high level of integrity and considers the best interest of our employees, clients/customers, and our operation;
- experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems;
- anticipates problems that may affect customer experience and financial requirements and moves quickly to correct them with little or no impact to customer relations or the operation; and
- Financial ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with material costs, labor, procurement compliance and controllable expenses.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.