Your future, so sodexo
Food Service Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 78531
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 for Stoneridge Town Center, a large continuing care retirement community located in Myerstown, Pennsylvania. This position will oversees the food service operations for the 60-bed skilled care and 30-bed personal care units. The Food Service Manager will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 12 FT and PT Sodexo hourly employees. Typical shift will be 8:30 am - 5:00pm, may vary with every other weekend coverage and some holidays.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of daily kitchen operations for skilled and personal care units;
- deliver high quality food service;
- implement Sodexo systems and programs, and oversee training of staff;
- continuously evaluates service to ensure patient and client satisfaction;
- drive employee engagement and patient satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- integrate fully within our client's organization and be a trusted advisor with a customer service focus;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- one or more years previous food service management experience ideally in a healthcare environment;
- a dietary manager certification (CDM) or equivalent is needed or must be willing to obtain within one year of hire;
- a work history demonstrating strong leadership and hospitality skills and the ability to work collaboratively;
- the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- knowledge of compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards;
- the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- proficiency in computer skills and report management experience.
Careers in Senior Living:
Working for Sodexo in Senior Living allows you to influence the well-being of seniors in specialized facilities, or in their homes, with customized services, and attentive and compassionate care. Your work has a direct impact on the quality of care provided to residents as well as resident satisfaction at our client sites, helping to create a place that feels like home.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.