Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 2
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 67491
Sodexo is seeking an entry-level Catering Manger 2 for Lehigh University located in the thriving and vibrant city of Bethlehem Pennsylvania. Lehigh University is a private, four year university that is spread over 3 campuses and is home to over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Bethlehem, PA is a short distance from the Poconos, Philadelphia and New York City which helps attract all demographics to the university and contributes to one of the most diverse students, faculty and staff populations in the area. Lehigh University strives to be the best in all aspects of university life including Dining services. Lehigh Dining is run by a team of the top culinary managers and chefs who strive to improve the lives of students every day. Lehigh Dining has 15 locations spread across the 3 campuses and has an emphasis on over-the-top customer service, innovation, quality food, healthy options and staying ahead of the ever changing trends in the food industry. Also part of the Lehigh Dining portfolio is a concession program which includes two mobile dining restaurants, a food truck and a wood burning pizza cart that not only caters to the Lehigh community but represents Lehigh Dining at a variety of events in the Bethlehem community.
Lehigh Dining includes a top notch Catering program that caters events ranging from tailgates to weddings to Galas and everything in between. With creative and experienced chefs that can tailor a menu using the freshest and highest quality ingredients to meet the customer’s needs, Lehigh Catering can’t be matched!
We are seeking candidates who will:
- Coordinate logistics, setup / tear-down and on-site problem resolution and ensures catered events are set up according to service standards
- Manage daily Labor Management of Catering Department including schedules and weekly payroll processing
- Assist in daily coordination of projects including preparing and maintaining project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements
- Attend weekly Catering and Staff meetings
- Supervise transportation, supervisors and line employees to ensure quality of set up and service on events
- Hold pre-event meetings with staff to review the event flow, specific job details and expectations
- Treat staff with respect and common courtesy
- Assume responsibility for handling guest-related issues during an event
- Maintain the highest level of customer service for all events, clients/customers
Consider joining a thriving catering team at Lehigh University!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.