Your future, so sodexo
Sodexo Future Leader Intern -Safety
Job category: Intern
Job ID: 69039
Sodexo has an Exciting opening for a Safety Intern this Summer at our office in Allentown, PA. The Sodexo Future Leaders Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Through practical work experience, the intern will acquire the management skills necessary to succeed as an Safety Professional with Sodexo. The intern will also be assigned a MENTOR and will participate in professional development webinars.
Summary of essential job functions
Our safety experts proactively support safety at unit locations with their extensive knowledge of workplace safety, construction safety, regulatory policies, fire protection systems, laboratory safety, energy,insurance loss control, and ergonomics.
- Provides technical guidance in all aspects of Environment, Health & Safety, conducts proactive consultations of safety systems and continuously improves safety performance and safety systems to reduce risk in the workplace.
- Analyzes injury and illness metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Reviews and assists in root cause injury investigations and corrective action implementation.
Plans and prioritizes assigned responsibilities to complete timely and effectively
Communicates findings and relevant information to team members
This is a full time/40 hrs per week position starting on June 4th, 2018 and ending on August 10th, 2018.
Why should I apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the Safety field while being paid $12.50 an hour
- Professional development workshops in the areas of Communication, Networking and Interviewing Skills
- Mentoring from a Sodexo manager
Basic Education Requirement - Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, facilities management, engineering, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry related college program.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.