Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 74913
Sodexo is an international organization whose mission is to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve".
Sodexo Corporate Services North America is seeking an Executive Chef 2 in Allentown, PA.
The successful candidate will have direct impact on all culinary operations including café, catering and assist in menu development, with oversight of hourly cooks for recipe execution, safety and sanitation.
The best qualified Executive Chef will have strong, hands-on, scratch kitchen experience and will be accessible to staff while being on the floor during services times, showing strong leadership ability.
This position offers Monday through Friday daytime schedule!
This account is a demanding P&L operating one cafe, catering and two coffee shops. The expectation is that the food presentation will be of the highest company standards. The Executive Chef must be visible and involved in client relations.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Have experience in large volume dining with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs and dietary requests.
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress the CEO and lead the culinary department to provide new trending ideas/menus.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with food trends and top chefs? do you have well developed culinary skills for organic, sustainable and healthful daily menus.
- Possess the ability to inspire a kitchen staff - Be a strong trainer/mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality/presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety/sanitation
- Must possess a high passion for food, hospitality and training of frontline team
Success in this role will require you to:
- Be innovative every day
- A strong focus in customer service
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.##LILI
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.