Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 76894
Sodexo Healthcare has a fantastic Chef Manager opportunity for a passionate, detail oriented, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to catering operations at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. The Catering Chef will oversee all aspects of menu development and production for the catering area and Senior Staff Dining Room.
This position reports directly to the Senior Executive Chef.
Other tasks include:
- Work directly with Catering Manager to oversee 6 front line catering staff and coordinate events from 4 to 4,000 guests.
- Leverage computer skills for MS Outlook, CaterTrax, Food Management Systems, Online Ordering, Web based training, Excel, and others.
- Drive workplace safety and HACCP program.
- Develop, prepare, and present sophisticated, modern, and upscale dining options for VIP clients, donors, and guests.
- Daily interaction with high profile clients, donors, and guests.
- Coordinate inventory management and purchases with unit buyer.
- Flex schedule to accommodate early, late, and long events.
- Manage culinary aspects of Executive Dining Room operations.
- Trouble shooting to overcome challenges by improvising and adapting to client needs.
- Support other areas as needed. Rotating holidays and weekends require cash handling and patient services management responsibilities.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.