Your future, so sodexo
Senior Manager, Area General
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 65320
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Manager, Area General for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital is a 600+-bed Children's centered hospital. A national recognized pediatric healthcare facility that has a reputation for excellence in patient care, research, and medical education. Serves Sodexo's AYR Patient Menu and has a top class Retail Program with sales in excess of $10m annually. Sodexo provides premier food and nutrition services for patient dining, retail café operations and catering services at these locations.
The second hospital is The Medical Center, Liberty Campus, located in Liberty Township, Ohio. Liberty Campus is a satellite location for Cincinnati Children's with 42 inpatient beds. Unit also has 'At Your Request' Room Service and Fresh Inspirations Cafe. Total managed volume is $1.2M with $325K in annual retail sales. The General Manager 3 at the site oversees all aspects of retail and patient services and will drive Sodexo standards to promote customer satisfaction. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Area General and have 1 direct report manager with 30 hourly staff.
Total volume of the two accounts is over 18 million and over 100 employees.
- Implementing and maintaining Sodexo programs and practices
- Ensuring Sodexo standards for employee training are in place and building a culture of collaboration and dedication
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, such as food and physical safety, and menu systems
- Coordinating department functions and standards with other managers
- Ensuring client needs and goals are met
- Handling the department operations and financials including on-site patient services and café, physician’s dining and catering services
- The Senior Area General Manager will need to implement Sodexo programs, policies and procedures.
- Strong financial and budget responsibility experience and can meet and exceed annual operating budget
- GM level experience in a high volume food operation; healthcare environment preferred
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff and participate on a management team
- Computer literacy to achieve and maintain competence in Sodexo programs
- Full HACCP knowledge, and Sodexo ServSafe certification within 3 months of hire
- Stellar customer service skills as the client/patient experience is crucial to this role.
- Strong leadership and management skills as this position requires a take charge, hands-on individual that is easily able to lead, develop, train and transition employees.
- Solid knowledge of Sodexo Systems and processes including At Your Request preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a real passion for driving and improving the patient experience.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.