Your future, so sodexo
Registered Dietitian 1
Job category: Nutrition
Job ID: 74800
Sodexo is seeking a Full Time Clinical Dietitian to come join their team at White Plains Hospital. This progressive community hospital has 292 beds.
Is this opportunity right for you?
If you are a Registered Dietitian looking gain exceptional clinical experience in an environment that fosters learning and development, this may be the job for you. You will provide medical nutrition therapy to a variety of patient population and disease states while sharing your knowledge and recommendations as a part of multidisciplinary team. You will also participate in direct and indirect patient care such as PI projects; participate on interdisciplinary committees and in community events.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Work as part of a 3 RD team providing nutritional care to acute care patients.
- Primarily be responsible for both critical care and medical/surgical units.
- Be a Registered Dietitian and licensed in NY or eligible for RD certification.
- Have experience with electronic charting and the NCP.
- Have experience managing parenteral and enteral feedings
- Works weekends providing hospital wide clinical coverage
- Conduct in-services for food service staff & nursing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Participate in community outreach events.
- Familiarity with the Nutrition Care Process and Electronic Health Records is preferred at the unit;
- Strong comprehension of the principles of clinical nutrition practice
- The ability to meet DOH/state/federal and company standards.
Works in a progressive community hospital with an affiliation with Montefiore Health System. WPH to become a tertiary hub for trauma, more critical care beds and critical surgeries in the future. Ideal situation for clinical growth and development. Good relationship with kitchen team utilizing Health Touch, the computer system used for meal order taking. Current system used for EMR is Meditech. Good experience with indirect patient care activities- rounds, committee membership, public speaking, performance improvement activities, and provide education to hospital and department staff.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - Meets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.