Your future, so sodexo
General Manager 6 - Food
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 66376
General Manager 6 needed at White Plains Medical Center in White Plains, NY
RELOCATION NEGOTIABLE 5K SIGN ON BONUS
The General Manager has full accountability for the operational and financial performance for the Food & Nutrition Department. White Plains Hospital is a 40 year partner of Sodexo. This hospital's main focus is driving patient satisfaction and healthy outcomes. The department has a new cafeteria, large volume catering, and staff of 80 front-line associates, 9 managers, and a clinical nutrition staff of 5.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of taking a department that had low satisfaction scores and moving them beyond the top quartile. The General Manager must be able to articulate how they were successful in driving satisfaction outcomes.
Other essential experience and requirements
- Experience with a key role as part of a client planning team related to FNS expansion projects for the hospital
- Polished presenter with mastery of presentation tools and confidence in relating ideas to C-Suite
- Position will partner as a leader in the hospital, forging their mission of superior service culture
- Creative, innovative thinker
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.