Your future, so sodexo
Union Health & Welfare Benefits Administrator
Job category: Administrative
Job ID: 61055
Sodexo has an exciting Union Health & Welfare Benefits Administrator position now available within our Corporate Human Resources group. This position is located in our office in Williamsville, NY.
Our Union Health & Welfare Benefits Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Reconciling and disbursing union health & welfare and pension payments
- Administering non-standard benefit plans (plan set-up, enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA notices, HIPAA notices, Medical Support notices, etc.)
- Researching, analyzing and resolving benefit related issues as dictated by collective bargaining agreements, state and federal laws
- Serve as a liaison to field office human resources staff, unit managers, union locals, union funds, union negotiators, and third party carriers.
- Reconciling union health & welfare and pension fund audits
- Working on other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred experience and skill set:
- 2 or more years of Benefits related experience
- 2 years of college or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory laws that affect benefits (ERISA, COBRA, USERRA, HIPAA, FMLA , PPACA)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAP and ADP/Enterprise preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; able to work and solve problems independently
- Experience working within a collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail; able to work under pressure and meet critical processing deadlines
- Experience with understanding, interpreting and discussing collective bargaining agreement requirements
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematical principles/ strong analytical skills
- Able to handle confidential information
Sodexo is the 18th largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.