Your future, so sodexo
Sodexo Future Leader Interns - Accounting
Job category: Intern
Job ID: 58309
Sodexo has an Exciting opening for an Accounting Intern this Summer in the Operations Accounting - Client Balance Sheet department at our Financial Service Center in Williamsville, NY. The Sodexo Future Leaders Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Through practical work experience, the intern will acquire the management skills necessary to succeed as an Accounting Professional with Sodexo. The intern will also be assigned a MENTOR and will participate in professional development webinars.
This is a full time/40 hrs per week position starting on June 5th, 2017 and ending on August 11th, 2017.
More about this opportunity:
The Intern will assist accountants with various Operations Accounting functions related to the creation, analytics and support of Sodexo financial statements. This includes assistance with balance sheet account reconciliations, Data analysis, spreadsheet creation, contract interpretation and maintenance of various reconciliation databases. In addition, the use of Microsoft Office applications and technical skills to provide support for ad hoc analysis and projects will be required.
Summary of essential job functions
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word to prepare schedules, accounting spreadsheets and documentation
- Active support to accounting functional teams with projects/assignments
- Plan and prioritize assigned responsibilities to complete timely and effectively
- Communicate findings and relevant information to accounting teams
Why should I apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the Accounting field while being paid $12.50 an hour
- Professional development workshops in the areas of Communication, Networking and Interviewing Skills
- Mentoring from a Sodexo manager
Basic Education Requirement - Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, facilities management, engineering, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry related college program.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.