Your future, so sodexo
Food Production Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63023
Sodexo Universities is seeking an experienced, dynamic and creative Food Production Manager 3 for Mohawk Valley Community College (MVCC). MVCC is located in a rural area of upstate NY. The dining unit consists of the Hawk’s Nest Resident Dining Hall, a food court with the following concepts: “Wholly Habanero’s, The Pizza Joint, The Grille at MVCC and the Salad Toss” and a Sammie’s Sandwich kiosk in the Academic Building, plus catering.
Sodexo is seeking candidates with prior experience managing culinary operations for college resident dining programs, retail and catering with proven results in the following areas:
Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and communicate with Culinary Staff, Key Personnel, Catering Staff and Management Teams along with a passion and dedication to be “one of the best”. Candidate must be highly engaged and extremely hands-on in day to day food operations.
Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills for the resident dining hall and catering staff (plate presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques).
Financial: Ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with food costs, labor and controllable expenses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College/University culinary/food production experience;
- A strong culinary background with experience in catering and banquets;
- Strong emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food, physical safety and sanitation, Candidate will be the Unit Safety Champion;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Understanding of food allergens and special dietary needs;
- Strong understanding of financials and strong analytical thinking skills.
Responsibilities for this culinary leader's role will include resident dining food management, catering menu planning, client interaction, food presentation skills, food prep, inventory management, purchasing, food & labor costing, scheduling, safety/sanitation & employee training. This position will also have direct customer and client interaction.
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.