Your future, so sodexo
Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
Job category: Facilities
Job ID: 66609
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Engineering Operations Manager near Lake Placid/ Sugarbush NY
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
We are looking for a very technical Facilities Operations Manager with the ability to be hands on and manage the Trades, Grounds, Water Treatment facility and oversee the Custodial Team while ensuring administrative activities are completed as required. This is a fast paced Facilities Engineering Operations Mgr. position in a college environment with both in-house staff and subcontractors on a variety of facilities maintenance activities. Your additional responsibilities will include:
Acting as a liaison between the facility, staff and college administration;
- Interacting with the facility staff and students on a regular basis;
- Overseeing and planning of snow removal;
- Scheduling work orders and preventative maintenance with follow through on staffs work and the equipment;
- Conducting all fire and life safety inspection;
- Ensuring all fire and life safety scheduled maintenance is performed and conducted in a timely manner.
- Must have facilities Operations Management experience;
- Must have strong HVAC, mechanical and building controls knowledge, building trades ( electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and boilers;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of computer systems including MS office and CMMS systems;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Engineering background ;
- AutoCAD experience and ability to read blue prints preferred.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.