Your future, so sodexo
Vice President 1, NorAm Operations - Universities
Job category: General Management
Job ID: 73895
US-NY-New York City
Sodexo is seeking a Vice President for the Universities segment. Reporting to the Senior Vice President- Universities, you will be responsible for a client portfolio of multiple locations (with concentration in Food management and culinary innovativeness) in the New York City area. This position will provide both challenge and satisfaction while allowing you the opportunity for continued career growth. Large international population that demands authenticity with a highly engaged client liaison to ensure high level execution. This opportunity requires a very food forward approach with high end retail, resident dining and, catering. You will influence client food service based on market research and emerging food trends needed to support new and existing food concepts, food innovations, student meal plans and menus. As a member of our senior management team you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties to include ensuring unit managers are in compliance with corporate, regional and financial goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall operation, growth and profitability of the region. As a VP, you will exercise management and leadership over multiple education operations with a large total managed volume. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing food operations in a complexed large metropolitan city environment. The candidate must reside in the New York area.
The ideal candidate will have strong strategic leadership, solid understanding of business diagnostics, financial acumen, talent management, strong communication and project management skills.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Achieving segment goals by providing the leadership, management and oversight necessary to ensure that the area’s portfolio of business has the proper solutions, products, metrics and talent in place to effectively grow the organization and meet/exceed defined revenue and profitability targets and other KPIs.
- Contributing to the innovation of services to expand Sodexo’s Service Solutions for current and prospective clients.
- Overseeing proposal development activities, including positioning, strategy development, customer negotiations, contract review, and pricing/costing.
- Resolving client issues and concerns with agility and professionalism. Establishing organizational protocols and systems to identify client issues, trends, and opportunities and effectively integrate them into area strategies.
- Balancing retention efforts at current clients with new business development opportunities and reallocating resources across the territory as needed to ensure operational excellence within all accounts.
- Hiring, growing and developing current and future talent. Providing positive and constructive feedback through coaching, mentoring and counseling.
- In collaboration with Sales and Brand Teams, designing and implementing Strategic Partnership programs for the area that create value for clients/prospects. Responsible for the area communication and marketing plans.
- Establishing visibility and relevance for Sodexo in the area’s industry by preparing presentations to management groups, leadership groups and boards to explain the company’s market position and initiatives. As a Change Champion, prepares the area’s culture to adapt to and embrace ongoing, fundamental changes that will enable the business to grow and prosper.
- Leveraging Sodexo’s commitment to diversity and inclusion to extend Sodexo’s reach in area communities
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree
Basic Management Experience - 10 years
Basic Functional Experience - 10 years of multi-unit, support, or strategic leadership experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.