Your future, so sodexo
Sodexo Future Leader Interns-Asset Management Framework (AMF) Compliance Intern - Hobart (Geneva, NY)
Job category: Intern
Job ID: 73483
The purpose of this role is to help Sodexo provide a documented and quality controlled program for the delivery of technical maintenance and asset life-cycle services. These efforts are intended to yield a reduction in the total cost of ownership, improved risk management, verified regulatory compliance, improved financial reporting, safety program enhancement, extended asset life, and system reliability leading to an enhanced operational reputation in the market.
The Asset Management Framework (AMF), the “Sodexo Way” for delivering technical maintenance and asset lifecycle activities is a significant enhancement to our current hard FM. The AMF provides a library of processes, designed to deliver Asset Management Services (AMS) to our clients. Sodexo provides engineers and operational experts to deliver these services such as but not limited to:
- Designing an asset management program which meets the business objectives of our clients.
- Collecting detailed asset data for both the maintenance and capital planning programs.
- Customizing an AMF account manual with processes that support defined objectives.
- Supporting account staff in the deployment of the QC systems.
- Auditing and operational excellence monitoring.
- Mining operational and financial data to provide insights that will drive growth in the Sodexo FM market.
This position will support the Hard FM (Technical Maintenance and Asset Management) services of the North America FM Platform and sponsor the Global FM Platform in its definition of Sodexo’s Life-Cycle Asset Management program.
The interns will be located at an existing Sodexo Facilities Management (FM) account and be supervised by the account leader. AMF activities performed by the interns will be directed by engineers and Operations staff from the NORAM AMF and AMS teams who support these accounts from the Service Operations group.
He/she will assist AMF engineers and project managers in the review and understanding of the current processes for the delivery of facilities management services to objectively quantify the level of compliance with the AMF program. They will define gaps and customize the AMF library procedures to provide a sustainable solution to close those gaps. These activities are carried out in a quality control process as defined in ISO 55000, the international standard for Asset Management.
He/she will assist with implementing and training on AMF processes, as well as designing enabling tools, providing technical support, software management and program support for the maintenance management system and capital planning tool.
Depending upon the Asset Management and Technical Services team’s progress in their journey to help deliver optimal service at our client site, the AMS Compliance (QA/QC) Intern will be responsible for supporting:
- The development, deployment and training for AMF processes in the areas of:
- Asset Handover and Mobilization Process
- Asset Condition Assessment
- Asset Criticality Assessment
- Maintenance Planning, Scheduling and Control Process
- Technical Facilities Operations (Workflow) Process
- Organization, Roles and Responsibilities for Technical Facilities Management
- Asset Management Outsourcing Process
- Asset Management Competencies and Development Process
- Legal and other mandatory requirements
- Asset Management Strategy and Objectives Development Process
- Asset Management Planning Process (Capital Planning)
- Communication, Participation and Consultation
- Asset Risk Management Process
- Maintenance Strategies Development Process
- Asset Management Performance Monitoring (CMMS Program KPIs)
- Management Review Process
- And other processes as applicable
- The update of the maintenance activities and schedules in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to reflect the maintenance strategy.
- The update of infrastructure renewal data in the capital planning tool and delivery of results, budgets and priority strategies to the client.
- Development, deployment and training of procedures for sustainable data maintenance on the CMMS and capital planning tools.
- Development of sustainable AMF auditing tools and procedures.
- Development of an online workspace for the management of AMF process template, examples and completed documents for each account.
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
- Graduate student with an interest in all areas of quality control and quality assurance e.g., the Toyota Production System, kaizen methods, TPM, JIT, SMED
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Keen interest in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writingMinimum Requirements
- Education: Should be enrolled in a graduate or PhD program in study that is focused on engineering, quality control and data analysis.
Work may typically be performed in a variety of environments including a standard office environment, client locations (which may include touring facility buildings, grounds, roofs and mechanical areas), public transportation environments such as airports, planes, or trains, and typically requires occasional carrying, maneuvering and lifting to complete duties of the position. Frequent hand /eye coordination is used to operate keyboard and related office equipment. Position requires ability to conduct business at a variety of sites to meet with clients, and to observe operations.
Basic Education Requirement - Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, facilities management, engineering, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry related college program.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.