Your future, so sodexo
Unit Controller 3
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 69705
Located in the City of Geneva and the Finger Lakes Region in Upstate New York, Hobart & William Smith Colleges (HWS) offers its 2300-2400 students opportunities in a highly recognized Liberal Arts education. Sodexo Services, including Dining and Facilities, employs more than 200 full and part-time employees, union and non-union, on the campus of Hobart & William Smith Colleges with various departments including Dining & Facilities Services. Both the Dining Services and Facilities departments function as Showcase operations within Sodexo.
We are seeking a Unit Controller to join the Sodexo dining/facilities team at HWS!
The Unit Controller is the lead manager for all unit/account financial reporting and office operations. This role will have a dual focus with 80% of time dedicated to account finance and 20% supporting the District Manager with unit and district projects related to dining or facilities operations. Combined services total $17M at HWS. The Unit Controller will lead a small office team of 3-4 staff.
Are you the Financial Professional that we're seeking? This is a hands-on position which requires you to roll up your sleeves and actively participate in in day to day activities such as accounting practices, inputting data, reconciling accounts, working with journal entries, A/P & A/R, reporting, data analysis, auditing and working closely with the District Manager on unit/district projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelors/Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance;
- Prior accounting experience in Facilities and/or Food accounts;
- Experience supporting and training unit operators on various finance procedures including flash projections, forecasting, budget process, and various Sodexo reporting tools;
- Mastery level experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & computer skills;
- Demonstrated ability for excellence with both written and verbal communication with all levels of staff;
- Experience with project and office management.
Basic Education Requirement – Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.