Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 73601
Sodexo, world leader in quality of life services, has a new opening for an Accountant in the Balance Sheet department at our Financial Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY. The Accountant position will have the following key functions:
- Ensure Sodexo North America General Ledger and Financial Statements are in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / GAAP and industry accounting and reporting requirements
- Analyze and reconcile various balance sheet accounts and develop sound methodology / schedules used for analysis / reconciliation / reporting
- Perform / Support various financial close activities
- Perform 'Deep Dive' reviews of various Balance Sheet accounts assigned to other business areas for quality assurance
- Responsible for conducting and documenting various financial analysis for various business decisions and accounting related activities
- Support Quarterly Financial Management reporting which includes Year over Year and YTD Executive Summary Balance Sheet with explanations for > $1M fluctuations, Qtrly Balance Sheet General Ledger Account variance explanations based on set thresholds for USA and Canada.
- Support Accounting Integrations
- Support / Assist with various External Audit engagements. Also includes Internal Audits by Group (Parent co).
- Responsible for high interaction / communication with all levels of the organization
- Assist in various departmental or company wide projects
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is preferred.
Important Notice: Due to the recent Finance Global Grading process, the title and global grade for this position has been changed to Accountant with a Global Grade of J2.
Applicants should take note of this important change which is different than the information that appears on this posting.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.