Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 71800
Sodexo has a new opening for a Staff Accountant in the Client Balance Sheet department at our Financial Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting preparing balance sheet analysis and reconciliations. Participate in the support of financial closes.
- Consistently apply objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements & company policy.
- Analyze & resolve assigned general ledger accounts. Set analysis standards and provide guidance to accountants to resolve general ledger issues.
- Maintain company databases; utilize technical skills for in depth global analysis.
- Coordinate activities related to, union and non-standard labor plans, meal plans, deferred income, other balance sheet and Management Accounting initiatives.
- Work proactively to prevent problems understanding changing operational and client needs. Implement identified process improvements or efficiencies.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Associates Degree, Accounting, Finance, Business or Bachelor Degree preferred
- 0-1 years accounting experience
Minimum Competencies/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Team building, interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve solutions
- Managing multiple priorities and time management skills
- Solid technical, accounting skills and detail orientation
- Stress tolerance and flexibility skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- PC & related software knowledge
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.