Your future, so sodexo
Senior UNIX Engineer
Job category: IS&T
Job ID: 66160
Sodexo has an opportunity for a Senior Unix Engineer who will support our server infrastructures for UNIX based systems. This role is located in Williamsville, NY.
Day to day maintenance and support of the Sodexo physical and virtual server infrastructure including Operating System administration. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Operating Systems and hardware meet defined Service Levels for performance, availability and security.
Primary Duties include:
- Responsible for engineering infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements in line with architectural standards and industry best practices
- Responsible for the administration and support of the UNIX server environment as well Installation, deployment, patch management, security configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Day to day system problem resolution, hardware fix activities, and working with vendors to resolve issues
- Support and Maintain Sodexo virtualization environment according to vendor and industry best practices for AIX, Red Hat and IBM PureSystems
- Collect and compile data for reporting on capacity and compliance thresholds
- Ensure that systems are configured according to established department standards
- Ensure that systems are reliable for performance, availability and security
- Participate and assist with technical refreshes, project design, and implementation
Secondary Duties may include:
- Backup and Recovery of systems as needed
- Virtual Platform Infrastructure & Hypervisor support
- SAN LUN masking and Switch zoning
Are you the one?
Our ideal candidate will possess excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Have 3 to 5 years’ experience in AIX.
Sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in supporting networks
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.