Your future, so sodexo
Senior Accounting Analyst
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 67526
Sodexo has a new opening for a Senior Accounting Analyst in the Balance Sheet Accounting department at our office in Buffalo, NY.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience with fundamental Project Management techniques and leading projects of various scales. This includes experience with leading cross departmental projects and initiatives and working with Senior Management and various levels to achieve project objectives. He or she must be adaptable and results orientated, able to use their own knowledge and formulate planning around new requests for projects / tasks of various scales.
The Senior Accounting Analyst position will have the following key functions:
- Supporting and /or leading cross departmental projects and strategic Finance initiatives
- Lead / Support General Ledger related accounting activities
- Lead Quarterly significant issue process
- Assist / Coordinate activities around monthly Financial Close.
- Responsibilities around conducting and documenting more complex, risk based Balance Sheet Account reviews(Deep Dives) to ensure balances are properly valued, supported and classified per IFRS.
- Performing high level analysis / reasonableness review of all Balance Sheet GL accounts on preliminary results (Sodexo Trial Balance).
- Support activities around Quarterly Financial Management reporting including Year over Year Comparative Balance Sheet variance explanations.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced research and determination of proper IFRS / GAAP technical accounting treatment for various business events, transactions and contract language. Includes being able to use own technical accounting knowledge and formal accounting guidance and research to advise / support accounting treatment for various or unique business transactions and events. Accounting treatment decisions may have direct impact on Sodexo North America’s audited financial statements and may also impact client settlements.
- Support / Assist with various External Audit engagements. Also includes Internal Audits by Group (Parent co).
- Coaching / training and development of staff.
- Review of more Material / Complex / Visible Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide accounting guidance utilizing experience and advanced research to determine proper IFRS technical accounting treatment for various business events, transactions and contract language
- Utilize data query / financial systems to gather and analyze data to use for various business decisions / internal management reporting.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- 5 – 6 years demonstrated in-depth accounting and technical experience
- CPA strongly preferred
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- Must be able to take initiative with new projects that arise and coordinate from start to finish with minimal involvement / direction from management
- Must have high degree of initiative and be willing to work in fast paced, collaborative team environment with a demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate throughout the Finance organization and with all levels of management
- Excellent computer skills with ability to accumulate, evaluate, and interpret accounting data and provide concise executive summaries using PowerPoint & Excel that translates highly technical financial information for non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of large, sophisticated accounting systems required. Strong working knowledge of Sodexo systems and tools for standard data analysis and Ad Hoc reporting (i.e. SAP, ACL, Essbase, EDW, COLD, BI Query, etc.)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Willing to put in necessary time to complete tasks.
- Travel as necessary.
- Ability to lead a team environment with a high degree of initiative
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.