Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 71013
Sodexo has an exciting new opening for a Senior Accountant in the Client Services Accounting department at our Financial Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Ensure integrity of business line internal financial reporting & prepare client income statements & billings.
- Apply GAAP & objective accounting judgment to knowledge of contractual agreements & company policy.
- Work in a team environment to ensure department deadlines are met.
- Work proactively to prevent problems, and identify and implement innovative solutions.
- Set analysis standards and provide guidance to accountants to maintain strong business relationships.
- Maintain company databases as necessary.
- Identify & initiate coaching for accountant development. Provide guidance to staff accountants. Coach and monitor results for technical development of others.
- Foster cooperation toward achieving department and organizational goals.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management is preferred
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Microsoft Office software, including advanced Excel skills
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Contract interpretation skills
- Ability to perform and maintain core responsibilities / accountabilities while simultaneously involved in other department initiatives
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- PC & related software knowledge – excel skills and Essbase experience
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.