Your future, so sodexo
Lead Network Engineer
Job category: IS&T
Job ID: 75948
Sodexo is currently seeking a dynamic Lead Network Engineer for our Cheektowaga, NY office. Experienced network engineer with a background in enterprise networking including a highly available datacenter, Global Wide Area Network, routing technologies, information security Firewall & Intrusion prevention, implementation and administration, Virtual Private Network connecting users, partners and regional office, Load balancing, Wide Area Network acceleration, Cloud connectivity and design, wireless networking, and telephony networking support.
In this role you will:
- Implement, configure and administer routers, next generation firewalls, IPS, load balancers and WAN accelerators.
- Monitor and conduct performance evaluation of networks including providing tactical and strategic input on overall network planning.
- Assist in the planning and evaluation of new network systems, including making recommendations for budget and resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Design and implement dynamically routed global network utilizing BGP and OSPF.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to achieve overall infrastructure goals including project management and budget requirements.
- Maintain capacity planning and system monitoring matrix.
- Utilize software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Drive change in network engineering, architecture, and the development of technical standards.
Top priorities for this position:
- Load Balancers
- PM capabilities as you will be working with a cross functional team
Are you the one?
- Proven expert level knowledge of enterprise global network environments utilizing OSPF and BGP
- Minimum 7 years of experience with next generation firewalls and threat prevention
- 7+ years’ experience in routing, switching, firewalls and load balancing
- Proven experience with client and site VPN technologies in multivendor environments
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with load balancing, SSL offload, web application delivery programmatic conditional logic via iRules (host header, url inspections, etc.)
- Working experience with WAN Technologies (MPLS, SDWAN, WAN Acceleration, etc.)
- Cloud networking & security experience in SaaS, PaaS and IaaS environments including Cloud connectivity to facilitate hybrid datacenters and orchestration/automation tools
- Experience with Enterprise Wireless networking
- Proven expert level knowledge in network troubleshooting tools including packet capture tools
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking and protocols
- Knowledge of telephony and Unified Communications and their impact on networks a plus
- Experience with Network Monitoring tools using SNMP, Netflow, etc.
- Experience in implementing and testing Disaster Recovery plans
- 5-10+ years of experience as a network engineer
Sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Apply TODAY! We look forward to hearing from you.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in supporting networks
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.