Your future, so sodexo
Facility Operations Manager - Buffalo, NY
Job category: Facilities
Job ID: 77685
- Responsible for the facility management at new Buffalo office located 400 Airborne Parkway, which may include space planning and layout, reception, maintenance, janitorial, building security and technology, mail services, management of the on-site conference center and all unit financial activity.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple service lines including: conference services, concierge, audio visual technology, housekeeping, mail services, building security / safety of employees and guests, as well as, 3rd party providers of after hour security guards, café, and several other office services as applicable.
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills, a high degree of accountability and strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated aptitude for technology.
- Administration of building related computer systems for security access, video surveillance, facility management, package tracking, visitor management, floor plan design and general building digital communications.
- Experience with budget and forecast development is required. Directly responsible for an annual operating budget of approximately $6 million.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical with general structural construction experience and project management experience.
- Coverage of facility related operations during the day and evenings is required and can be shared between 2 Facility Manager positions.
- Some evenings, weekends and holidays maybe required should the need arise.
- Out of town or overnight travel is minimal and only anticipated for training or occasional business need.
- The management oversight of the Buffalo office facility services is shared between two managers with direct responsibility assigned based on best skill match with one manager functioning as primary backup to the other manager to ensure seamless and efficient facility operations.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience required and supervisory experience with hire, performance coaching and performance reviews strongly preferred.
- Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make independent decisions
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Well organized
- Ability to work interdependently with fellow co-manager
- PC Skills – MS Office
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.