Your future, so sodexo
Cloud Architect - System Architecture
Job category: IS&T
Job ID: 67352
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for Cloud Architect – Systems Architect to join our team in Cheektowaga NY
As the Cloud Architect – Systems Architect you will analyze system requirements and make sure systems will be securely integrated with current applications. This position requires a deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) especially on AWS and Azure. You will be working with
Global IS&T teams, Regional and local IT teams and with Infrastructure services providers.
- Understand business drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solutions;
- Work within project teams as a Technical Lead on solution design, deployment and support transition
- Gather technical requirements, assess capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
- Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for hybrid and cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Share the leading practices with internal team members and clients
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals
- Provide technical direction and oversight to infrastructure implementation teams
- Lead data center transformations projects to migrate client/server applications and platforms to cloud environments.
- Develop cloud reference architectures, governance policies, security models, and best practices
- Experience deploying applications to Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) (IaaS and PaaS environments);
- Strong knowledge on AWS and Azure services cloud solution, architecture, security features, related technologies and their interdependencies;
- Experience using, implementing, and maintaining applications and platforms on cloud services such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Experience working with Docker Containers and Container CaaS/PaaS (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, BlueMix, OpenShift Enterprise, Docker Enterprise, Spark/HD Insights, Power BI, Cosmos DB, Stream Analytics) solutions is a plus
- Experience working in a Cloud First and/or Cloud Native software development environment
- Experience with Hybrid Data Center Architecture
- Experience with Systems Architecture and Engineering
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and database designs (e.g. data design and database infrastructure design)
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability, and fault tolerant designs;
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) standards and practices appropriate for Enterprise IT
- Experience with infrastructure security and networking and global networking as they apply to large-scale application deployments
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks (e.g. MVC, Spring, and Hibernate)
- Experience managing partner relationships and development efforts across multiple teams and areas of responsibility
- Experience managing and delivering upon functional and non-functional requirements as communicated through direct and indirect business and project development;
- Should be able to lead the team and could Supervise, mentor, guide other members and represent Cloud team in project team meetings;
- Exposure in Project Management.
If you are ready to grow your career and work with a great team then this is the right opportunity for you. Apply today and become a member of our Sodexo team.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of experience in database and systems architecture
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.