Your future, so sodexo
Senior Accounting Assistant
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 68312
Sodexo has a new opening for a Senior Accounting Assistant in the Financial Shared Services, Banking Reconciliation Department located in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Maintain timely reconciliations of unit depository banking and change order activity, including High Risk, Concessions and Canadian Remote clients as well as non-standard cashless solutions, using Frontier and SAP.
- Perform timely escalation of missing cash receipts to mitigate risk of loss of company assets.
- Identify, research, and resolve unit bank deposit problems, change order issues and Accounts Receivable invoice payment issues.
- Communicate and research with other BSC departments, field management, Corporate Security, bank personnel, outsourced bank vault personnel and armored car personnel to resolve depository and change order issues, including missing or partial change orders.
- Prepare online adjustments or write direct journal entries to maintain unit depository and/or cashless solutions accounts.
- Perform Frontier match pass review, including documentation, monitoring, and recommending creation of new passes and modification of existing passes.
- Report bank service trends or issues to appropriate field personnel, Corporate Security, Internal Audit and Banking Management
- Identify unit depository compliance issues and coach field management regarding correct procedures and company policy.
- Provide backup and assist the Banking reconciliation team as needed
- Participate in department project initiatives
Minimum Education/Experience Required
- 2 years Accounting/Business courses (including High School)
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business (preferred)
- Experience with computerized accounting or processing systems
- Experience with reconciliation of bank accounts preferred
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required
- Basic accounting skills, including debit/credit journal entries
- Sound knowledge of cash handling policies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment
- Managing multiple priorities and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Proven research, problem resolution, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Strong PC & related software knowledge, including Office products
- Knowledge of SAP and Frontier (preferred)
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.