Your future, so sodexo
Senior Accounting Assistant
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 63862
Sodexo has a new opening for a Senior Accounting Assistant in the Merchant Service Reconciliation department at our office in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Maintain timely reconciliation of Credit Card Activity and/ or Cashless solutions using Frontier (Reconciliation Tool) and SAP
- Identify and research missing credit card batches to mitigate risk of loss of company assets
- Identify, Research, and Resolve Accounts Receivable Invoice Payments as they relate to Merchant Service Activities
- Ability to communicate with Other Internal Departments and External Field Operations to troubleshoot reconciliation issues.
- Mitigate risk of loss from Merchant Service Activity by working with Third Party Processor to recover transactions
- Analysis of Credit Card related expenses
- Participate in department project initiatives
- Perform various special projects as needed.
Minimum Education/Experience Required
- 2 years Accounting/Business courses (including High School)
- 3-4 years of Demonstrated Accounting Reconciliation experience
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business (preferred)
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of sales reporting policies and practices
- Experience with Microsoft products and email
- Must be well organized and use effective time management
- Proven research and problem resolution skills
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, multi-tasking team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- General office skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Knowledge of SAP and Frontier (preferred)
Minimum Job Related Requirements
- Scheduled hours : Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.