Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 66889
Sodexo has a new opening for a Senior Accountant in the Banking Reconciliation department in our Financial Shared Services Center located in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Perform banking reconciliations for all Accounts Payable disbursement related bank and liability accounts, through problem identification, research, resolution and all related analysis.
- Ensure proper cash control and regulatory compliance in the corporate bank accounts by performing the timely and accurate bank reconciliation to the GL, including problem identification, research, resolution and all related analysis.
- Perform daily Match Pay process for disbursement accounts to ensure proper cash control and to prevent loss from fraud.
- Perform Frontier match pass review for all corporate bank accounts to optimize the automatch rate for each account.
- Track and ensure correct and timely postings to SAP of corporate bank service fees for US & Canada
- Provide support to Banking Management for work with internal and external auditors during their review of bank reconciliations.
- Provide recommendations to Banking Management of end-to-end process improvements for Banking Department processes, including implementation of automated Journal Entries and paper reduction.
- Ensure complete documentation for all corporate bank account processes.
- Provide support and coverage to the Banking Reconciliation team as needed
- Special projects as needed
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Minimum 3 years related banking and/or accounting experience
- Experience with reconciliation of bank accounts (preferred)
Minimum Training/Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Ability to prioritize, perform and maintain core responsibilities / accountabilities while simultaneously involved in multiple department initiatives
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including monitoring and follow-through
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of management and outside vendors
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency on use of computer applications in the accumulation, evaluation and interpretation of data
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be a self-starter with high degree of initiative
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Ability to gain confidence and respect of management and staff through attributes such as professionalism and positive attitude
- Demonstrated organization and comprehension skills
- Be willing to travel, as needed.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.