Your future, so sodexo
Catering Manager 3
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 63800
Become a part of a dynamic, fast-paced team at one of the premier public institutions in the country, Binghamton University!
Sodexo has an opening for a hands-on Catering Manager 3 to support a busy catering department on the campus of Binghamton University. Reporting to the Catering Director, this position will be responsible for the management of $1.8M in annual catering revenue. The Catering Manager will be responsible for scheduling and training students and Sodexo catering staff, organizing, planning and executing all events on campus to include: Coffee service/buffets/lunches/plated dinners and high-volume events including graduation. Position is supported by Catering Supervisors.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- College/University catering and catering management experience
- Catering/banquet management experience within a hotel or conference center
- Experience with a variety of catering platforms from casual to fine dining
- Experience with menu planning and budgets
- Experience using Catertrax or other catering software system
- Experience training and leading a catering and student staff
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to think outside the box; drive program excellence
If you have a passion for food, are a strong leader and have a desire to exceed customer expectations, a catering career with Sodexo at Binghamton University could be for you!
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.