Your future, so sodexo
Regional Account Manager
Job category: Purchasing & Distribution
Job ID: 74278
Sodexo has an exciting new opening for a Regional Account Manager in the Albany, NY area. This position is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of Sodexo & entegra’s Procurement and Distribution program at the unit and client level and requires the ability to develop and maintain exceptional business relationships across all levels of the Sodexo Enterprise as well as with external clients and customers (examples: entegra clients, distributors, MFG’s, brokers etc).
We are looking for a candidate that will demonstrate a drive for achievement and deliver maximized opportunities based on varying client and customer needs. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate strategic processing skills as well as the ability to understand the difference between tactical and strategic thinking/behavior.
What Will You Do In This Role?
- Plan, coordinate and implement activities which generate a high level of customer satisfaction, promotes products and programs, achieve established sales targets, comp unit growth, retention of sales and retention of gross margin targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with department managers (facilities, food service and materials management personnel cross-divisionally and within entegra business lines) in order to understand the needs of the customer.
- Work closely with members of Supply Management to assure any procurement and distribution related issues are resolved.
- Assist in set-up of new GPO accounts/member.
- Establish/maintain close working relationships/communications with all Client members assigned within the Region.
- This position will be responsible for multiple accounts and will require approximately 3 - 4 days of travel per week to include some overnight travel. Travel will involve primarily the Upstate NY and VT areas. The Regional Account Manager will work from their home office when not travelling.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or six plus years experience with direct customer contact in a supply chain/service related role or similar positive customer impact position.
- Experience in hospitality/lodging related business such as golf, hotel or casino is preferred.
- Registered Dietitian a plus.
- Experience in supply chain, distribution management, ES/FAC products or broker street sales are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and public speaking).
- Exceptional time and calendar management skills as well as the ability to creatively manage multiple requests.
- Strong Customer Service Orientation, placing heavy emphasis on customer centric interactions.
- A greater than proficient understanding and ability to use: MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook required, CRM experience is beneficial
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of sales or operations experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.